Most surf schools teach kids how to ride a foam surfboard on whitewash and say, "congratulations, you are a surfer!" At Surf Education Academy (SEA) we believe there is a lot more to learn about being a safe member of the global surf community. That is why we offer a graduated approach to achieving independence in the water. Our programming prepares students for a lifetime of safe surfing adventures.
We cater our programming and curriculum to each surfer's goals and abilities, providing professional consulting for custom surfing development, including a personalized "Surfing Development Report" and "Road Map for Progression".
focused on safety & stoke
- Teaches young surfers the skills needed and the safety habits to develop to become confident and independent in the water.
- Surfer’s sessions and hours will be logged and progress tracked, allowing them to graduate from “white leash” to “blue leash” (similar to the belt system used in martial arts)
- Multiple surfing venues utilized to maximize training potential
- Photo and video sessions will document technique, which will be reviewed for learning purposes
- Field trips to Surf Museums, beach clean ups, Adaptive Surfing events, etc. may be included from time to time
once a surfer reaches 60 hours they receive...
- Custom “Surfing Development Report” and “Roadmap for Progression”
- Hard cover photo book of the surfer’s best waves and experiences
- Custom video of surfer’s best waves, edited to their favorite song
- Opportunity to graduate from "White Leash" to "Blue Leash"